Shipped Serama Eggs... To Turn or NOT to Turn.. THAT is the question....

rachelpotter

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
I have a dozen shipped Serama eggs that I set upright in egg cartons on arrival. Set in the incubator 24 hours later and have NOT turned them up until this point. We are in the middle of Day 3.

I have these eggs set along with 18 other shipped eggs in a Brinsea Octagon 20 . I have not turned any of them yet, but was planning on starting the auto-turner tomorrow.

Upon arrival the Seramas had mostly detached aircells. Now that they have set for 3 days the aircells seem loosely "tacked" in most of them ( trying not to handle them if I can help it) but still VERY giggly.

I have the option of moving the Serama eggs to a still air styro bator and not turning them for while yet. Temps have been decently controlled in it (been on for over a week and has six other eggs in it right now) But its not as well controlled as the Brinsea.

Thoughts? THIS

is my first time incubating... perhaps I should have not started with such a finicky egg...

I guess you'll just have to go with your gut!

I will say that in my last batch of shipped eggs I had development in a couple of eggs that I should have waited till day 5 to start turning (tilting) just to give them more time to get established.

Back
Top Bottom