Shippiing times from hatchery to home? What is the average?

mikeksfarmer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Bonner springs KS
I know its late in the year to order chicks but a fox cleaned me out. I ordered from a hatchery that sent my chicks yesterday but today I still dont have chicks. My concern is the time from the hatchery to the home. How long does it take for most hatcheries to ship you your chicks?
Someone in my neighborhood ordered from this same hatchery and had lots of trouble with dead chicks.
this hatchery is mentioned a lot on this site.
I am feeling like I would rather pay next day shipping than argue over dead chicks. Any one want to tell me their feelings. I am just concerned I am going to get a box of dead chicks becasue they hatchery sent them the cheapest way possible.

Sorry to hear about your flock. I wouldn't start sweating just yet if you ordered them yesterday. If they are shipping chicks give it two more days. I've heard they have to get em to ya within three days or the little ones die. Best of luck and update us on your new birds!

Thanks JoeLolly I guess I am just a worried new mother hen. I will cross my fingers and hope there here tomorrow. Thanks again for you comment it does help.

Hi, Mike, glad to see you have new chicks on the way!

Did you let your post office know that you have chicks coming? They should have a "heads up!" prior to their arrival.

You can call WAAAAAAAY early and find out if the truck is in, or you can just go there (to the back, usually, where the trucks go in) as early as 6:30 or 7:00 just to see if they are there.

Best of luck!!

Hey Thanks Friends Ideal came through and my chicks are in and all alive. After a quick drink of sugar water and some chick starter they seem to have fallen asleep where there were. My local friend said her chicks came in from the same Hatchery Ideal and they treated her quite well. I guess all my wories were just a bunch of mother hen clucking and nothing more. Contentent Mother hen clucking off Thanks again every one.

Back
Top Bottom