shipping 10 week old chiks

bantyman

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Blue Ridge GA
Hey all
frow.gif

Dont know if this is the right place but here goes This my first time doing this and am just plain ignorant How is this done and what all has to be done Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Thanx

Mike
big_smile.png

I know they will have to be sent Express mail in an approved shipping box with a filter. Horizion makes them. And you will need to put some food in the box. Like apples or celery.

I also heard of people making jello with vitamins and electrolytes and putting that in the box.

You'd probably have to make VERY firm jello to make sure it stays in chunks. A very light colored or clear gelatin would probably work best, especially if you're sending light colored chickens. May also be a good idea to steer clear of the very sugary jellos, or 'sugar free'. Maybe just some plain, unsweetened jello? I don't know if you'd have to worry about it with how fast the shipping will be, but just in case. I know sugar free uses artificial sweeteners that can't be good for them, and regular sweetened has a lot of sugar in it, which also isn't good.

frow.gif

So plain gelatin with electrolytes and some hard fruit Apples pears and some veggies Thats it? Sounds easy Thanx everybody

Mike
big_smile.png

When I used to transport my parrot the vet had me put in melon bits and grapes cut in half. The idea was to have juicy fruit ( ie. water and sugar) avail during the trip.

Back
Top Bottom