Shipping a single roo?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by arenea74, May 7, 2011.

1. arenea74

arenea74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Would it be selfish and costly for this boy to be shipped to me from Tennessee? He's healthy and right at a year old.

[​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

2. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I am not sure what you mean by selfish, but yes the Rooster can be shipped safely in a proper shipping box made for live poultry. The box must include some watermelon, cantelope or mango's for their source of hydration. And if you are meaning can it be shipped alone the answer is yes, the only people who have a problem with the lonelyness/chicken feelings thing are the humans. The cost can range from $50.00-75.00 to be shipped.

3. lillie2202

lillie2202 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I had my rooster shipped from another byc member it cost $50 she put grapes in the box. Read the link in my signature line it is my roosters story.

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:Sorry about that my DD logged into byc and did not log out. I am the one that had the rooster shipped. Not her. Why did I make another crazy chicken lady.

5. arenea74

arenea74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Heehee! I just may be a crazy chicken lady now. I left a gooshy post on the family stories thread. The boy in question is so sweet and friendly. To top it off, he cannot crow. Unfortunate for him but good for me and the city code. He was attacked by dogs twice late last year and it damaged his vocal cords. He is otherwise healthy and very active. I love his soft feathers and fluffy feathered legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by