Shipping Adult Silkies - Question on box

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
Last edited:
You can, but they'll scarcely get to move at all while en route. I have the Economy NEST for most adult bird, and it would work great for a pair, even comes with divider.

You should also look at Boxesforbirds.com

They'll ship in 3 days or less, and shipping is included in box price, whereas Horizon has a flat shipping fee that costs a lot unless you're buying in bulk.

You can fit two in a box. I have shipped all over the states and many were pairs of silkies with no problems...most people get them within 24-48 hours. I live in MD and have shipped all the way to CA(on multiple occasions) and New Mexico and they made it there in less than 2 days with no problems!

Meant to add, I order my Horizon boxes from here: http://poultry2.tripod.com/id3.html They seem to have the best prices!
smile.png
Good luck!
wink.png

Quote:
Yup, thats where I will be getting them from.

Thank You!
big_smile.png

Yeah, I've done some serious searching for the cheapest Horizon boxes and that is the cheapest I have found them!

If you have to ship a lot of birds, you can either buy the biggest box Horizon has (I've shipped 7 birds in it) or tape several single-stall boxes together. I can fit 3-4 birds (depending on size) in the Economy NEST box.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom