1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

shipping cost from ideal poultry

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by L*A*G*, Jan 18, 2011.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    I think I'm gonna order from ideal for sure this time and I found it kind of hard to figure out the shipping price.
    I think I figured it out but I'm not sure so if there is anyone who has just recently ordered 25 chicks and remembers the shipping price that'd be great!
    for 25 chicks, all laying breeds, shipped to GA is $28.75? I thought this seemed kind of cheap. [​IMG]

2. ck_dunham

ck_dunham Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2010
    Ottawa, KS
    I got 25 chicks from them back in Oct. but dont remember the shipping amount I think my total was like 68.00 give or take a few. You should really give them a call and get the right amount cuz they have many shipping options that are not posted on the website. When I called they were super friendly people and were able to set up the dates I needed so that I got just what I was looking for.

Good luck with your order!

3. R&RCoop

R&RCoop Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Just called to talk to them about my order. If you are ordering one of their specials then I would think it would be $7 (for under 100) and $.15 a chick for air freight. If you are ordering breeds separately then it is $1 per breed if you order under 25 in a breed. I am ordering Ideal 236's, Red Sex Links and Buff Orpingtons so that is $3 and $7 for an order under 100. For me there is no air freight because I live in Texas, but you would be charged $.15 per bird.

So with an order of 25, my guess on shipping costs only would be $7 + 3.75 = $10.75

Hope this helps and they are very friendly, just call and they will answer all questions.

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    super great folks to talk to...very helpful

plus they have lots of birds! not great in terms of showing and such but they have so many and so many...

5. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    thanks everyone! I did call and ordered 25 for $72.62 total! i'm so happy!!! [​IMG] its my first time ordering and they'll be here 1/28 [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  6. msdoolittle

msdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Congrats! I have always been very pleased with Ideal and their birds :0)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by