Shipping Crates to Coop - Day 30

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TheCrazyChick, Jan 10, 2013.

1. TheCrazyChick

TheCrazyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's an update. Almost done. Moving the coop to the backyard weather permitting this weekend ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the new brooder mini-project ... (I have added cardboard to the front to about 6 inches, as I forgot about drafts when I cut the front. My bad.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. jobouss

jobouss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Tupelo, MS
    Beautiful !!!! You did a great job! I am about half way done with mine.

3. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

Wow! Looks great [​IMG]

4. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

I really like it!
    [​IMG]

5. TheCrazyChick

Almost done ... Just a few details to keep critters out. The bottom has also been enclosed in hardware cloth for a mini-run until the weather gets good enough to start on the 9'x6' run.

[​IMG]

6. JanetS

JanetS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Love the windows!!! Can't tell from the pictures, do you have hardware cloth up by the roof? Would hate for you to loss your chickens to
    a predator.

7. TheCrazyChick

This pic doesn't show it, but we have since added facia and soffit boards up at the top, with cutouts for ventilation lined with hardware cloth. Believe me, I am driving my hubbie CRAZY with the predator proofing. He thinks it's overkill, but I'd rather overkill than KILL. They won't be spending the night out there until I seal it up tight! Thanks for the question though. Two heads are better than one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by