Shipping eggs in winter

hatching shipped eggs is a gamble any time of the year. last year i sent 15 eggs from mid tenn to staten island,ny. mid december. they were delivered in a snow storm. guess what? all 15 hatched. you just never know

Just got mine. From Tennessee to Northern Minnesota. They look great! If you have trust in the seller, don't worry too much!

P.S. - I candled some of mine tonight, just to check air cells, and they are doing WAY better than I expected! Don't stress yourself like I did... and have some fun hatching some fuzzy butts this winter
love.gif

I live in Canada so wherever I order eggs from, its gunna be cold where I am and where the seller is at this time of year. I don't know how your postal system works but all the eggs here are delivered by truck. That means that, depending on where you got the eggs from, they are sitting in a cold, unheated truck for quite awhile.

Last edited:
I'd worry about the cold unheated truck if your outside temps are really cold or if the truck route would pass through cold states. Eggs in my coop often freeze (and break) if they are not gathered twice per day during the winter. This year, we've had unseasonably warm temperatures and haven't lost a single egg.

Back
Top Bottom