Shipping eggs to hatch???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poohbear, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    How do you wrap eggs that you send in the mail to be hatched? I would like to know what steps to take with packaging them securely. Open to ALL ideas! Even some new thoughts if you have one. I don't know how to ship eggs and this is the best place I know to find out how to wrap hatching eggs.

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Bubble wrap each egg, and put in a small box with styro peanuts, then put that box in a lager box surrounded by styro peanuts. Double walled-do not leave any air space-fill with wadded up paper if necessary!

3. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Quote:I have to say, as a customer of hers, that Lisa does a FANTASTIC job of packaging! I was sooo impressed.

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:I have to say, as a customer of hers, that Lisa does a FANTASTIC job of packaging! I was sooo impressed.

Yeah she does pretty god job at packaging! I recommend you how she does it.

5. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Thank you, each one! Very nice way to pack. I like that. Thinking of shipping eggs and had no clue how to do it. Do you mark your boxes "Fragile" or anything special and do you get insurance on your eggs?

6. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    [​IMG] Dispy,.... when did u become a gold member? [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I usually mark mine as 'fragile eggs' and make some cutsie-wootsie labels with baby chicks and instructions like 'DO NOT DROP' and 'AVOID EXTREME TEMPS'. That's how I do it anyway!

8. Hi! I mark my egg boxes 'FRAGILE' / 'PERISHABLE' / 'EGGS FOR HATCHING ENCLOSED' / 'DO NOT XRAY' / 'DO NOT EXPOSE TO HEAT OR COLD'.

Dispy,.... when did u become a gold member?

As soon as I saw the option was available.

Thanks y'all, I try.

[​IMG]
    Lisa​

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by