Shipping eggs to hatch???????

Poohbear

On a Time Out
11 Years
Nov 12, 2008
Texas
How do you wrap eggs that you send in the mail to be hatched? I would like to know what steps to take with packaging them securely. Open to ALL ideas! Even some new thoughts if you have one. I don't know how to ship eggs and this is the best place I know to find out how to wrap hatching eggs.

Bubble wrap each egg, and put in a small box with styro peanuts, then put that box in a lager box surrounded by styro peanuts. Double walled-do not leave any air space-fill with wadded up paper if necessary!

Hi! Here's how I do it:
Wrapping & Packing Eggs For Shipping

smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
I have to say, as a customer of hers, that Lisa does a FANTASTIC job of packaging! I was sooo impressed.

Yeah she does pretty god job at packaging! I recommend you how she does it.

Thank you, each one! Very nice way to pack. I like that. Thinking of shipping eggs and had no clue how to do it. Do you mark your boxes "Fragile" or anything special and do you get insurance on your eggs?

Quote:
I usually mark mine as 'fragile eggs' and make some cutsie-wootsie labels with baby chicks and instructions like 'DO NOT DROP' and 'AVOID EXTREME TEMPS'. That's how I do it anyway!

Hi! I mark my egg boxes 'FRAGILE' / 'PERISHABLE' / 'EGGS FOR HATCHING ENCLOSED' / 'DO NOT XRAY' / 'DO NOT EXPOSE TO HEAT OR COLD'.

Dispy,.... when did u become a gold member?

As soon as I saw the option was available.

Thanks y'all, I try.

smile.png

Lisa​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom