Shipping eggs to other countries

I've looked into this and what I do know is that you will need a vet issued certificate saying your breeders are healthy, disease free etc. The recipient in the other country will most likely have to apply for an import permit. It's a lot of paperwork, hassle and $$$.

The details and requirements differs from country to country. Australia is incredibly strict on imports of livestock and hatching eggs though, from what I heard.

I'm actually pretty sure Australia don't allow it at all, and if they did, like @sumi says, it would be alot of paperwork, hassle and would end up costing you way more money than it's worth.

Australia is the last place on earth I'd shop anything to! It is sooooo insanely strict. One year mum got a little parcel at christmas time from my sister in the UK with tape to say it had been opened by customs but taped up and sent on anyway so she didn't think anything of it until Christmas morning when she went to open it and found just a letter inside from the customs saying that her item had been destroyed (I think they used the term 'incinerated') - merry christmas!!!! She spoke to my sister to ask what it was and it had been a little sachet of pot pourri!

I would imagine eggs would suffer a similar fate!

Back
Top Bottom