Shipping Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ranchruler@gmail.com, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ranchruler@gmail.com

ranchruler@gmail.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    I have a question when I ship eggs do I need to candle them first or do I just take the chickens eggs and ship them out
    THANKS

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Wrap, pack and ship. Nothing to candle and see until they have been in the bator for 6-8 days.

3. ranchruler@gmail.com

ranchruler@gmail.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    THAnks

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Just my opinion.. but if you are selling eggs..and shipping them.. you really should candle them for hairline cracks before shipping them out to a customer

I got several with hairline cracks.. none of them developed at all .. so in essence I was sent a few bad eggs.. the eggs were well packaged.. and the ones i had received with hairline cracks I could tell were done at the seller's home.. since one even had a piece of debris in the widest end of the crack

I did notify the seller when I received them.. and never heard back

5. Hi! I always candle prior to wrapping to check for flaws. I find hairline cracks, odd places in the shell, air cells on the wrong end, etc. --- usually, they are fine to set here at home, just not suitable for shipping.
    Wrapping & Packing Eggs For Shipping
    [​IMG]
    Good luck!
    Lisa

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by