shipping information needed asap

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by melissa508, Jun 9, 2009.

1. melissa508

melissa508 Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    ma
    I havent shipped birds in a couple of years, last time i shipped I lived in another state & shipping was really tough but i had a contact person from some other dept in the post office who i could call & check zip codes with.

I am having a hard time getting the info needed to know where i can ship to..my PO guy said he knows nothing about it & has no idea where i can ship to.

I am located in MA ..does anyone know how to get the info i need ?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  3. melissa508

melissa508 Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    ma
    IS that something new?.
    The last time i was shipping I had to go through a big ordeal to ship & drive 7 hrs each way. Once in a while I would auction or a sell a bird, get it to the PO & they would say nope..we cant ship there..those airlines not accepting lives.
    Ive never followed how the bird shipping crisis turned out , but now i would like to know.

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    the post office should never refuse to ship live birds. It's been done for a looooooooooooooong time. thats how the big hatcheries do it! I have heard of Post Office people not thinking that you can ship out from anywhere other than a distribution center, but not true [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They can refuse the shipment of a live bird if there are no flights available for it. The only time I shipped a live bird the PO had to call ahead to make sure they could accept it that day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: