shipping information needed asap

melissa508

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
ma
I havent shipped birds in a couple of years, last time i shipped I lived in another state & shipping was really tough but i had a contact person from some other dept in the post office who i could call & check zip codes with.

I am having a hard time getting the info needed to know where i can ship to..my PO guy said he knows nothing about it & has no idea where i can ship to.

I am located in MA ..does anyone know how to get the info i need ?

http://www.usps.com/

Plug
in size/weight/timing and it'll spit out a price for you
smile.png

IS that something new?.
The last time i was shipping I had to go through a big ordeal to ship & drive 7 hrs each way. Once in a while I would auction or a sell a bird, get it to the PO & they would say nope..we cant ship there..those airlines not accepting lives.
Ive never followed how the bird shipping crisis turned out , but now i would like to know.

the post office should never refuse to ship live birds. It's been done for a looooooooooooooong time. thats how the big hatcheries do it! I have heard of Post Office people not thinking that you can ship out from anywhere other than a distribution center, but not true
smile.png

They can refuse the shipment of a live bird if there are no flights available for it. The only time I shipped a live bird the PO had to call ahead to make sure they could accept it that day.

Back
Top Bottom