Shivering chicken

Yes, I think she is just not able to get enough food moving through her and being winter, she is cold. The crop bra will really help keep the crop from getting any more stretched out and will keep food moving at a better rate.

Some birds take to bras immediately, some are annoyed right away. LOL It only takes a day or so for them to get used to them.

Let us know when the bra comes in and how she does along the way. :)

LOL....yes, they can do that too! My birds all got used to wearing hen saddles, crop bras and pinless peepers over time. Some transitioned over fast, others pouted terribly. LOL

Well she's the pouter for sure
lol.png

I just gave her some oatmeal and ACV in her water. She ate a super good amount of the oatmeal that I made her and then had some yogurt!

I'll let her sleep in the coop tonight with the others.

She slept with the other girls, and this morning was full of energy! She wanted to come out immediately (and that never happens, I always have to coax her out). She's not happy about being separated from her buddies, but she has so much energy!
wee.gif
She's also found out that her new favorite food is oatmeal.

She slept with the other girls, and this morning was full of energy! She wanted to come out immediately (and that never happens, I always have to coax her out). She's not happy about being separated from her buddies, but she has so much energy!
wee.gif
She's also found out that her new favorite food is oatmeal.
That is great news!!! Keep up the extra goodies and hopefully she continues to improve! You can keep her with her buddies from here on out, but you might sneak her things that the others don't get, just to get her to put on more weight to keep her warm.

Keep us posted and definitely tell us when that bra arrives!! :)

She loves being back with her friends. I gave her some oatmeal and yogurt and she had a little but really wanted her normal food. The others tried oatmeal for the first time, and it was gone in a matter of seconds.

The bra is supposed to arrive in the middle of next week!

She loves being back with her friends. I gave her some oatmeal and yogurt and she had a little but really wanted her normal food. The others tried oatmeal for the first time, and it was gone in a matter of seconds.

The bra is supposed to arrive in the middle of next week!
I am so glad she is doing a bit better. AND the flock now has a new favorite treat!!!

I too am anxiously awaiting that bra!! LOL Keep us posted!! :)

I have some questions on the bra.

Should I put it on her during the day, and take it off at night so she can go sleep with her buddies? I will separate her while she is wearing it.

Can I let her have some free ranging time? Or do I need to give her just water-soluble foods?

I have some questions on the bra.

Should I put it on her during the day, and take it off at night so she can go sleep with her buddies? I will separate her while she is wearing it.

Can I let her have some free ranging time? Or do I need to give her just water-soluble foods?
She will need to wear the bra all the time and especially at night to make sure her crop empties. You can take it off once in a while during the day if she wants to get out in the field and find a good dust bathing spot or something, but she should wear it at least half of the day and all night long. She doesn't need to be separated from her buddies at all, and can go out free ranging too. The others may tug at her bra at first, but they will get used to her being in it. She will need to wear this bra until her crop returns to it's normal size and if it remains pendulous, she will need to wear it the rest of her days.

I would get her back on a regular diet, just as the rest of the flock is on. The bra will help keep her crop moving and should prevent most cases of slow or sour crop. Food should digest in a normal fashion once she is in the bra.

Back
Top Bottom