Shoe Me Your Pet Fish Aquariums!!!

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
HEy felt kind of random today, lol!! Anyway... POST PICS OF YOUR FISH AQUARIUMS!!!!!! (please)
smile.png

I could fill my own thread with the tanks I've had and pictures of individual fish so if you want to go through everything here's the link to that section of my photobucket:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/fish/

A few of my favorites are:
Midrange brackish bumblebee goby tank with moss covered driftwood pieces, crypts, and java ferns
Picture004.jpg

Here's one of the little guys
Picture027.jpg

They never did take to any type of dry fish food and barely ate frozen so I took a couple weeks to adjust some feeder guppies to the salinity of the tank. They popped out babies regularly and the gobies had a constant supply of fresh food. The tank became pretty self sustaining. Suck stuff off the top of the sand and change a few gallons of water occasionally and clean the filters regularly.

My big 90gallon planted with sunrise/sunset bulbs and full daylight spectrum 260w of CF. Couldn't tell you what all was in there even when it was setup. The cork background eventually covered in moss. Unfortunately being only 5'2 and 120lbs it was too much to take care of a tank that size. Every water change I pulled muscles in my back and shoulders from lifting buckets as high as my head. It took a 22gallon water change every other week to keep it running. That was pretty much the only maintenance since the eco compete substrate did not need cleaned or stirred and the filters mostly existed just for oxygen exchange through surface agitation and to create a current in the tank simulating a slow flowing river. I'm all for self sustaining tanks.
P1010010.jpg

P1010003.jpg

My redone 55gallon in the final stages of setup:
p1010111.jpg

Unfortunately I have a tendency to take pics during setup and then forget later. The rock holding down the driftwood was eventually removed along with the spare filter on the front that was helping to remove the cloudiness from the settling substrate. The plants overgrew the thing until it was packed from end to end and top to bottom.

Newly setup 20gallon nano saltwater tank:
P1010056.jpg

A powerhead was added. This tank had no form of mechanical filtration. Much like my freshwater planted tanks it was self sustaining as a contained ecosystem with minimal care required. There is a 4" goby hiding in there somewhere. Never did get a pic of him before he committed suicide by jumping out while the cover was off the tank but I have pics of lots of interesting critters including a crab, peppermint shrimp, and some weird never identified worms in that section of my photobucket. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/fish/past/marine tank/?action=view&current=P1010056.jpg I don't know if I successfully got a picture of the peanut worm. He was cool.

Back
Top Bottom