Shopping for Incubators

I'm currently looking at Incubators with the following traits
- able to hatch out call ducks
- VERY hands off- this is my first hatch so I don't really know what I'm doing
- Automatic turner- I'm not home for around 12 hours a day so I physically can't turn them myself
- anything below $400
- High hatch rates to combat the low hatch rate of Call ducks
- Small enough to fit on a desk
- Maximum 14 egg incubator- I need to be able to control myself 🤣
- No still air- I read it dropped hatch rate
Based off of this I am currently looking at Brinsea Mini II EX fully automatic 7 egg incubator
Is this a good choice? Advice?
EDIT: I have exhibition quality call ducks- the very most difficult to hatch.
Hi
I have the brinsea mini advance II. Does more or less everything and is really easy to use.
I'm currently looking at Incubators with the following traits
- able to hatch out call ducks
- VERY hands off- this is my first hatch so I don't really know what I'm doing
- Automatic turner- I'm not home for around 12 hours a day so I physically can't turn them myself
- anything below $400
- High hatch rates to combat the low hatch rate of Call ducks
- Small enough to fit on a desk
- Maximum 14 egg incubator- I need to be able to control myself 🤣
- No still air- I read it dropped hatch rate
Based off of this I am currently looking at Brinsea Mini II EX fully automatic 7 egg incubator
Is this a good choice? Advice?
EDIT: I have exhibition quality call ducks- the very most difficult to hatch.
Hi
I have the brinsea mini advance II. It does more or less everything and is really easy to use. All I have to do is program it and add the water. I buy a roll of multi purpose non slip mat off Amazon and cut to size for the hatching mat. It is also really easy to clean afterwards. It is such a good incubator, I bought the brinsea maxi advance as well 😁 good luck with your search!

Does this have auto humidity control? Or is it just a valve you have to manually adjust?
Yes, you set what humidity you want and the pump pumps in the distilled water that you have filled in your own container.
It has an aquarium tube that comes out of the incubator, into the pump. Then a tube that goes from your pump into a jug/bottle (you provide) of distilled water. The pump is attached to the incubator so it knows how much water to pump in. (You have to prime the line first time, to get all the air out of the tube so water is in the tube clear to the incubator. You just keep pressing the button on the incubator.)
You have to use distilled water in the incubators.
These are the same incubators zoos use.

Yes, you set what humidity you want and the pump pumps in the distilled water that you have filled in your own container.
It has an aquarium tube that comes out of the incubator, into the pump. Then a tube that goes from your pump into a jug/bottle (you provide) of distilled water. The pump is attached to the incubator so it knows how much water to pump in. (You have to prime the line first time, to get all the air out of the tube so water is in the tube clear to the incubator. You just keep pressing the button on the incubator.)
You have to use distilled water in the incubators.
These are the same incubators zoos use.
That’s awesome! I just bought a new incubator but I’m gonna put this one on my list for next time. I’ve seen the auto humidity kits and I have seen the brisnea incubator that has the auto set up but r-com is a better price. Thanks!

Hi
I have the brinsea mini advance II. It does more or less everything and is really easy to use. All I have to do is program it and add the water. I buy a roll of multi purpose non slip mat off Amazon and cut to size for the hatching mat. It is also really easy to clean afterwards. It is such a good incubator, I bought the brinsea maxi advance as well 😁 good luck with your search!
Hi! thank you so much for your response! I will most likely buy the bator and the non-slip attachment mat. Is there anything else i should be aware of?

Hi! thank you so much for your response! I will most likely buy the bator and the non-slip attachment mat. Is there anything else i should be aware of?
I have the Brinsea Maxi II Advance. I had the Mini, but I sold it as it wasn’t big enough for my needs. The mat is just corrugated cardboard. Honestly I never use these I prefer to get the shelf liners that many use on BYC. You can buy it in a huge role on Amazon or other places and cut to fit.😊

Back
Top Bottom