Shots or no shots??

lnm03

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Am I suppose to make sure my chicks are vaccinated?? Also, I have read that I need to get special stuff to make sure they dont get fleas, lice, mites ect...is all this necessary and if so what do I need??

Thank you all again!!

Vaccination is a personal choice. No, it does not need to be done, it's just a precaution.

As for myself, I wanted to raise my chickens as naturally as possible. No vaccinations, antibiotics, or other medications. If this is what you want to do as well, then don't bother with all that stuff.

As for the mites and lice, I just put DE in their coop every so often. I haven't had a problem yet.

I agree with chickentoes. I weighed the odds and decided that my chicks did not need vaccinations.
DE is great to use for mite control. You just have to make sure what you buy is food grade DE.

What about Mareks? I have a 7 week old pullet that has gotten sick with Mareks, and I don't know that she is going to make it. I have new chicks that are hatching yesterday and today, and I am so worried that they are going to get sick to. If they were vaccinated against it, they wouldn't get sick. I don't know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom