Should BYC show how many views a thread has?

WoodChic

The Chic Chick
10 Years
Oct 27, 2009
KKV HQ
I love the whole BYC format, but there is just one thing that I think it misses. On most other forums, it shows how many views are on a topic, as well as the replies. I like this because then I don't feel quite as ignored all the time.
wink.png
Is there anyone who agrees with me, and Mods, is there anyway to add this feature in?
Thanks!

P.S. PLEASE do not think I am critisising the BYC format or anything about it at all! I am just making a suggestion.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi! Was here but gone to make way for better things.
Quite the opposite!! I'd feel terribly hurt and ignored if I knew 50 people read my question and no one responded. Better to me to not know --- doesn't matter.
It seems kind of unnecessary to me (I'm not a counter). I open threads all the time to find I don't care for the topic or content, or just don't have anything to add.
smile.png

Lisa

It was something that we removed because it was consuming a TON of resources (counting each of the views of thousands of peeps on thousands of threads per minute was a lot for the server). It may be something we review adding again, but it isn't high on the priority list right now.

Quote:
Ok. I guess it does take allot more to count them on a site with 50,000+ members then one with 6,000+.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom