Should I attempt to sex my barnyard mixes?

ackie

previously jwehl // dogs & cats & squirrels oh my!
Nov 3, 2020
Atlanta GA
Pro: I can sell them as sexed chicks
Con: I've never tried to sex them before & obviously it wont be as straightforward since they're mixed

20201121_111636.jpg

Three days old if you dont start counting until momma was off the nest

Obviously this picture isnt meant for yall to sex off of

Con #2: there are 13 of them.

Pro: I can sell them as sexed chicks
Con: I've never tried to sex them before & obviously it wont be as straightforward since they're mixed

View attachment 2419863

Three days old if you dont start counting until momma was off the nest

Obviously this picture isnt meant for yall to sex off of

Con #2: there are 13 of them.
I personally would not sex them. Sell them asap. No one will buy the males frankly. And while you may make more money selling sexed pullets you'd probably be better off asking less and getting rid of all of them.

I personally would not sex them. Sell them asap. No one will buy the males frankly. And while you may make more money selling sexed pullets you'd probably be better off asking less and getting rid of all of them.
I 100% agree with this statement. SO hard to sell the boys. Sell them before they are 10 days old at most if you can!😊

I 100% agree with this statement. SO hard to sell the boys. Sell them before they are 10 days old at most if you can!😊
I totally agree with both of you but most people in my area cant have roos so straight run leads to no one wanting them at all?

Back
Top Bottom