Should I Bathe My Chickens?

ShadowsFIAL

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
Fort Worth, Tx
I have 8 hens, and three of them have feathered feet. Of course I know chickens are dirty little girls who like to roll in the dirt, but would it be benificial to them to wash them once or twice a year? I was thinking of bathing them in a tea tree shampoo, since it is a natural insect repelant, even though I am not having problems with mites or lice. Would it be a good precaution for them in spring in summer just to keep them feeling good? Would like anyones advice on this! =)

I don't see a need to bathe my clean legged chickens, but my two cochins get really gross because of how feathered they are. I give them a bath whenever poop starts getting stuck in there leg feathers. No one wants to have that! :p one of them for some reason gets much grosser than the other one. What she does i know not, but even her head gets poop on it
idunno.gif

I don't see a need to bathe my clean legged chickens, but my two cochins get really gross because of how feathered they are. I give them a bath whenever poop starts getting stuck in there leg feathers. No one wants to have that! :p one of them for some reason gets much grosser than the other one. What she does i know not, but even her head gets poop on it
idunno.gif
Wow, that is a dirty chicken haha! Mine haven't gotten that bad yet, and I hope they don't. The only one I have a problem with is my araucana. It got the the point I was advised to pluck some of the feathers around her vent to try and help decrease the problem.

Back
Top Bottom