should I be concerned? duck crop

She seems perfectly normal to me. I have a blue Swedish where her bill looks a little different from all the others but she is happy and healthy. From what you have posted she is very healthy so keep on doing what your doing!

hows she today

She's perfectly fine, I was worrying for no reason!

Another question: I was under the impression that Welsh Harlequin ducks don't fly. One of my girls seems to think she can. She jumps straight up in the air and flaps her wings, she can get about a foot off the ground. It's really funny to watch, but got me wondering if I need to be concerned about flying??

Another question: I was under the impression that Welsh Harlequin ducks don't fly. One of my girls seems to think she can. She jumps straight up in the air and flaps her wings, she can get about a foot off the ground. It's really funny to watch, but got me wondering if I need to be concerned about flying??
They have to potential to fly a little but this would mean they can jump high and glide through the air for a short distance. I would not worry about her flying because when she starts laying eggs she will stop jumping. Our females did it all the time since we have a hill in our back yard but they stopped when they started laying. Our ducks will flap their wings but won't get off the ground.

Glad she is better! If she's only flying a foot off the ground I don't think you need to worry. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom