Should I be worried about my pullets?

LaynaDon95

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Texas
I have a few very obvious roosters in my brooder. I mean, duh. (I hatched them) But earlier I was cleaning out the brooder and one of them jumped up and tried to mate my hand. (What the heck?? :hmm He's 2 weeks old!) My question is, should I be worried that he will hurt my pullets? Surely it can't be healthy for them to be mated at this age... What should I do, if anything?
hu.gif

I've never heard of this lol. But if anything you could separate them if you were very worried. Normally a mother hen wouldn't do anything so let nature take it's course unless there is something very wrong that is causing chaos ;) Other than being odd I don't think it would cause any problems unless scratching etc.takes place resulting in bloody backs. Then separate ;)

I've never heard of this lol. But if anything you could separate them if you were very worried. Normally a mother hen wouldn't do anything so let nature take it's course unless there is something very wrong that is causing chaos ;) Other than being odd I don't think it would cause any problems unless scratching etc.takes place resulting in bloody backs. Then separate ;)

Okay, thank you. This is my second hatch, and my first one to see do this. They others are 6 weeks old, and never shown any "tendencies" like this... Even to the girls. He's done it twice to me now. It's just weird. I'll leave him alone unless he hurts a pullet, but I will certainly keep my hands clear of him in the meantime!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom