Should I Be Worried? (Serama eggs)

I know these were all alive when I put them in lock down. There are now 2 that have pipped and a third just shook and was peeping! The second one that popped did not seem to have broken the membrane.

I know these were all alive when I put them in lock down. There are now 2 that have pipped and a third just shook and was peeping! The second one that popped did not seem to have broken the membrane.
When I have chicks that fail to pip the membrane, I help by piercing it with a tooth pick gently.

How is she doing now? Now it’s been about 15 hours?
It has cracked the shell a bit more, but that is it. I just saw the egg move so I know it is still alive. There is another one that has also pipped, but it doesn't seem to have broken the membrane. And now another egg is moving a peeping but no other pips.
this was the second egg to piup. Can you see it moving in there?

This isbthe first egg to show the difference between last night and this morning.
20210903_184853.jpg
20210904_104232.jpg

So this is what that second one looks like now. It is yellowing. Is it drying out? Is there something I need to do?

Attachments

• 20210904_180101.jpg
    20210904_180101.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 3
I now have 4 eggs that have pipped, but once they pip they don't seem to do anything else. This one is peeping if you poke it. The first one to pip hasn't done anything since about 3 this morning. I dont want to interfere if I dont have to, and I dont want to kill the other pipped eggs by opening the incubator. Help!

Back
Top Bottom