Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

She got a p
Oh my gosh! Awesome, I'm really happy for you! I am glad she is filling better as well. Now if she wants to talk to my girl to give them a pep talk it would be great! Lol give her a treat and tell her it's from the BYC crew
i gave her a poblano pepper and she is EATING it...I'm so happy!
Shell be 18 weeks Saturday morning and she squatted for the first time exactly 2 weeks ago.
She wouldn't eat yesterday, so I'm so glad she's eating this pepper lol.

Last edited:
Lol..... I read that " fat chance bucko" and just about blew tea everywhere! Lmbo my kids don't get it though.
1f61e.png

MY FIRST EGG! SEE WHAT COLOR IT IS?

its light blue (not really green at all, thinking she's got leghorn in her pedigree) with white speckles!

This one shows the color better.

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

want an egg?
FAT CHANCE BUCKO!

Lol!!!! Too funny!

Well, our girl Dizie (the one that was egg bound on Sat died this morning) and I got 3 eggs today. My ever so helpful and slightly smart-alecy hubby told me "well, it was a 100% production day".

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Lol!!!! Too funny!

Well, our girl Dizie (the one that was egg bound on Sat died this morning) and I got 3 eggs today. My ever so helpful and slightly smart-alecy hubby told me "well, it was a 100% production day".
sorry to hear about your hen. I dread the day I have to deal with issues such as this one.
I really think your husband was trying to be supportive.

He was. I just thought it was funny that I text him to tell him she died and then said "on the bright side we got 3 eggs today" and he responds with "woohoo 100% production ". I did laugh! His way of helping :).

Congrats subhanalah! Now you can wait for the second egg!!!!

Sorry for your loss newchickmomma. That sounds like something my DH would say!!!

mortie, your birds are stunning! they will lay some beautiful eggs someday... soon...ish... yeah, soonish...
thumbsup.gif

subhanalah, congratulations! very very beautiful...

NCMomma, I'm so sorry for your loss.
sad.png

lots done around here today, Dome is finished being dug out (thanks kid!) and I cut the grass. the flock had a great long afternoon out and about, there was more mixing and mingling of groups of hens with the other bantam roosters. I think Rhody might have held them all back with his dominant ways. the only one he didn't dominate was Red. it was nice to see lots of little groups of hens, each with a tiny rooster at the helm. Peach is doing great, ate lots of freshly cut grass, made a poop that was almost as big as she is... P U !! it was stanky! I exaggerated, but it was the size of a baseball...

22 Eggs today - and they are the only eggs in the house! I completely sold out this morning.

Back
Top Bottom