Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

You guys ever see something lime this? She says his beak isn't crossed but it is weirdly sharp and talon like

I haven't seen him in real life since we picked him up at the breeder. His mouth does look open a little in the pic buy maybe he was in the process of chirping or something. I'm going to see her chicks later this week to give my opinion on pullet vs roo so I can look at him in real life soon too. She says he is otherwise healthy, faster and sassier than the other chicks and seems to eat fine.

Last edited:
You guys ever see something lime this? She says his beak isn't crossed but it is weirdly sharp and talon like

I haven't seen him in real life since we picked him up at the breeder. His mouth does look open a little in the pic buy maybe he was in the process of chirping or something. I'm going to see her chicks later this week to give my opinion on pullet vs roo so I can look at him in real life soon too. She says he is otherwise healthy, faster and sassier than the other chicks and seems to eat fine.

Looks like a hawk. :-D

Yeah...speaking of the hawk. I was out lounging in my chair while the girls had some supervised range time and the darn thing swooped right through my yard not 15 ft off the ground. The girls didn't even see it. This might be the end of free range time until I stop seeing itt hanging around.

My girls are 18 weeks tomorrow. I just bought a dozen eggs from a local farm.

Here's hoping this is our last store bought dozen, though I said that a few weeks ago when I got 3 dz chicken eggs and a dozen duck eggs. :/

Um, how long can you make a dozen last? The breeds in your list are not know for maturing quickly, so you may have a longer wait than you want.
hide.gif
At least you have a source for farm eggs, and you can wait here with us! If you have some pictures of your pullets, we can test our prediction skills.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom