Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

W4w I set an assortment of olive eggers, blue ameraucana, buff Orpington, and a couple of ccl. I was very nervous to put the eggs in. It was like no turning back if something awful happens with my temps! But they haven't move from 99 to 100. Well since I haven't had my chickens start laying yet except for one ee that I bought already laying I'd have to say waiting to hatch is more on the nerves lol.

TN it'll be a long 3 weeks!!! But we'll wait w you! Today after 3 is day 18 so I'm gonna put them into lockdown tonight cause I'm so eager!!!

TN it'll be a long 3 weeks!!! But we'll wait w you! Today after 3 is day 18 so I'm gonna put them into lockdown tonight cause I'm so eager!!!
thumbsup.gif

TN - hopefully you resisted the urge to "adjust" the bator today. When you put the eggs in it will cool off a little but it will come back up. Good luck!

I think waiting for eggs to hatch was harder than waiting for eggs to be laid. With the hatching, I was impatient to see how many, if any, would hatch and what kind they would be with my mystery eggs. Plus in the meantime I didn't have any chickens to dote on so it was just hard to wait for chickens to appear. It was stressful. While waiting for them to lay was LOOOONG and sometimes kinda frustrating, there was far less...mystery about it and the stakes weren't quite so high. It was just a matter of time.

Hi I have 4 chickens that generally lay every day. One of them takes 1-2 days off and then lays a bigger egg possibly double yolk.

The smaller is the normal size. Could this be not getting enough of something or just that every chicken is different?

We had a busy day today.... No chicks this morning. We went to Hubby's grandma's early this morning, and then back by my dad's this afternoon. We had a great day. We got back home right at dark, and had to find a few of the incubator chicks who got out of the run while we were gone, and then couldn't find their way back in. They were roosted on the wood pile behind the coop. It was no big deal to get them into the coop. Then, I finally got to check for babies.... and we have
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
so far!

Back
Top Bottom