Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

HugHess, guess you have a little more waiting to do! That's what we all are doing here. Waiting!
wee.gif

Yea for chicks and for good sourdough bread...!!! I haven't finished catching up on reading the last 2 days worth of posts... but I have so many pics to share, I better get a move on! and yes, it's tinnitis, I've had it before and it usually lasts a few months, but this time it's louder and should have ended already. still haven't had time to schedule any appts.. but I will eventuall...

the newest babies First Pie!

these 2 are feeling the energy of Spring! playing Halter Games... wish I had time to stay longer...

Red above, son Harris, below. they are so beautiful...

ha! they are all squeezing under the shed because Thelma started a dust bath under there. bet I have to check that spot for eggs in a few months!

21 Eggs today! but I broke one, tossed another that was caked with poop, and 3 others had frozen and cracked... so 16 in the basket!

On the flip side, I am still in awe that I can basically carry around a mini computer in my pocket.
someone had posted a question on FB regarding how you would explain the smart phone to someone from even as close a time as the 1950's... the best caption was "I can use this to get the answers to everything, but I mostly use it to argue with people and look at pictures of cats..."

HugHess, it could be the EE... I have a few who didn't turn red in the comb until they turned 2 and they still have pale faces. Yancy is one

she is 2 years 4 months old and her face is very pale pink, even her comb is a shade of pink. she lays a blue egg.

someone had posted a question on FB regarding how you would explain the smart phone to someone from even as close a time as the 1950's... the best caption was "I can use this to get the answers to everything, but I mostly use it to argue with people and look at pictures of cats..." Hahahaa!

HugHess, it could be the EE... I have a few who didn't turn red in the comb until they turned 2 and they still have pale faces. Yancy is one

she is 2 years 4 months old and her face is very pale pink, even her comb is a shade of pink. she lays a blue egg.
Hug, now you are back to not knowing!! You're going to have to catch one in the act!

Hug, now you are back to not knowing!!  You're going to have to catch one in the act!

I agree! I have my eyes peeled, like that man in the Clockwork Orange movie...:eek: (Shiver)
Like boiled water, right!?
I hope the endorphin rush makes up for the required 'agony' of 'Pullet Zen' and the Art of the Egg Wait War. :/
I wonder if we should 'make' a Yoga stance for that? I know squat, lol, about Yoga, so I can only think of the 'O' in the OSU song...I'll start working on it while I zen with my hens-in-waiting.
A BIG thank you to all my fellow enablers out here, who make this brand of insanity possible.

[quote name="Scrambles55"

It could take a couple of months. Welcome to the thread![/quote]

Thank you. You have me cringing AND smiling in the same breath. That was a bizarre combo. ;).
You (all) make this 'unpaid' waiting gig sufferably fun!

I only learned that both of my EE were laying when I got two in one day! The younger one (by a month), still has a tiny light comb. She is 13 mos old. The older one has a very red comb. Each girl is so different!

My babies are coming home tomorrow! The legbars were hatched by my chicken-sister, and she brooded them with her babies until my company leaves today. Tonight, I will get the brooder ready. Mortie, you might like the fact its an aquarium. It will only be a week or two, then they will transition to a brooder on our screen porch till they get big enough to be with the big girls.

Back
Top Bottom