Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

How could I forget Roger?? I plan on going back and finishing eventually. I finally left off around 134. I'm so glad I joined this group! Just in the first few pgs I've solved several problems and answered at least as many questions! Up until then, we'd been winging it (pun intended). My girls all hatched May 19th, 2015. I remember the anticipation for that first egg (cuz, ya know, I'm a seasoned veteran now, lol). FINALLY, Oct 14 we got our first egg! And not a clue who it came from. 14 in our flock, 4 of them ducks (Cayugas n Pekins). Turns out the first one was a Cayuga. Just yesterday, both our EE's began laying. Gorgeous pale green and blue eggs. 13 eggs total, tho 1 may have been missed from the day before. There's still one more girl holding out and I'm not quite sure who it is, tho pretty sure it's our Welsummer, Cocoa (complete with a marshmallow on her tail). She's the only one who hasn't squatted n stomped for me yet (I know what that is now!). Not expecting much now that the snow has truly started to fly here in Pa.

Quote:
I miss Roger and OK. Seems his life has gotten in the way of BYC!
hit.gif
Quite a few people have moved on, sadly.

Glad you guys have decided to join in!
ya.gif
The more the merrier!

First, there was an explosion in someone's diaper this morning. I was so glad to see the BM even if it wasn't solid. Her bottom can't take the solid ones anyway.
I had her down to 2-3 oz of water to get to sleep. Last night we went down to one. I was afraid to give her an empty bottle. I would have tonight, but her parents decided to get her.
I made her nod or shake her head last week to get what she wanted. Now that she is saying, "yeah yeah yeah yeah!" to her dolls as well as "no no no no no" again, I am working on talking for what she wants. Each time she wanted to be picked up, I'd ask, "Do you want picked up?" She would nod, but I kept waiting and asking until she spoke. I would remind her to say yeah. I am not being mean.
So, she would say yeah and then smile so big and laugh! I think the idea that she said something, and it got her what she wanted amazed her.
I love my little Duckling. I am sorry she is gone already.
lau.gif
Even if it is for 24 hours. Ya never know!

It's there! It's there! "Gone quackers" just showed up!!
yesss.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

??? I missed something.

MC, are you in the super snow storm zone? Snowed in?

You're doing a great job with Duckling! If she can hear and make the sounds, you know she's got most of what she needs. She may be one of those kids that starts talking in complete, grammatically correct sentences some day. Then she'll ask for a phone.

Last night, I bought a golden feather membership. There was an ad playing all day that was disturbing me badly. I couldn't get it to stop playing, so I bought a membership to get rid of ads.
Apparently, not only did it not take care of that ad(I was finally able to disable it today. It didn't show the option to last night) but you have to ask the store to give you a line above your avatar. First, I had to wait 13 hours for an electronic order to go through (PayPal paid it immediately. Idk why it took so long) for the membership. Then I had to post in a thread and wait several hours for that request to be approved and applied. Obviously I understand the time that took. I am just wondering why it took so long for the membership to be applied as well as why I can't change my line by myself whenever I want. To be honest, there are quite a few things that I am now wondering about.
Oh well, I bought it and I am not totally disappointed. :-D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom