Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Poor mortie. Got egg starvation. What breeds are the slackers?

Honestly, I never had one start laying before 20 weeks, except maybe a Serama. I think around 22 wks was the earliest for my layers, although I remember cheeka had a few start at 18 wks. But she had rare, overachieving chickens.

My rsl penny (remmeber her?) Stsrted at 18. I dont recall the others.

I had many dreams last night about finding first eggs. In one dream I found a hidden nest in the coop (laughable really) where they'd been laying all this time and we just didnt find them. Lots of egg dreams. So I was bummed when I went out first thing and found nothing except Ducky, our amberlink, poking around. I watched her for a while. She was not making a nest. She was not throwing things on her back. She was not picking up straw. I went in and made my report.

And hour later I asked hubby to plug the webcam back in (he unplugged yesterday) so I could watch ducky while at work to see if she continued to poke around. He went outside and a minute later he summoned me to check this out. And there it was, like a gold nugget in a sea of desert sand:

Attachments

• 48748.jpeg
    48748.jpeg
    901.4 KB · Views: 3
My rsl penny (remmeber her?) Stsrted at 18. I dont recall the others.

I had many dreams last night about finding first eggs. In one dream I found a hidden nest in the coop (laughable really) where they'd been laying all this time and we just didnt find them. Lots of egg dreams. So I was bummed when I went out first thing and found nothing except Ducky, our amberlink, poking around. I watched her for a while. She was not making a nest. She was not throwing things on her back. She was not picking up straw. I went in and made my report.

And hour later I asked hubby to plug the webcam back in (he unplugged yesterday) so I could watch ducky while at work to see if she continued to poke around. He went outside and a minute later he summoned me to check this out. And there it was, like a gold nugget in a sea of desert sand:

1d4c21e6_smilies-3434.png

W4W - Breeds:

Amberlink - Ducky. She is probably the one who laid this egg.
SLW (hatchery)
Now I know the rest of these can be on the later side for laying. Doesn't matter, those who have been on this thread for a few years know I GET IMPATIENT lol.
2 OE (breeder)
2 Marans (heritage)
1 Ameraucana (heritage)

Back
Top Bottom