Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

thanks! that egg weighs 2.7 ounces, and for a laugh... i checked... 381 carats... I love that little scale, it's so cute... not incredibly accurate, more a novelty... a fellow byc'er recommended where to purchase, I think in the "things you never said before you had chickens" thread... and I repeated it here... (I think) when I got it a couple of weeks ago, but they are nifty, and no batteries required, lol! I paid $34 shipping included for mine, best price I could find, they have vintage ones on ebay... double the price, same item, mine has no rust...

and while I am certain it is a double yolk, I will know for sure later on, as I will eat it for dinner!

Last edited:
We are still waiting patiently for eggs and now waiting for the storm Sandy that is coming up the coast... we live near the Chesapeake Bay and the ocean... The Delmarva Penninsula looks as if it will be hit by the Hurricane... Just hope that everyone is Safe through the storm :) God bless everyone :)

P.S. i hope our little ladies will be good in the new Chicken House :)

We are still waiting patiently for eggs and now waiting for the storm Sandy that is coming up the coast... we live near the Chesapeake Bay and the ocean... The Delmarva Penninsula looks as if it will be hit by the Hurricane... Just hope that everyone is Safe through the storm :) God bless everyone :)

P.S. i hope our little ladies will be good in the new Chicken House :)

How many chickens do you have? Ages? If the storm continues as forecast, your new chicken coop will be put to test big time. Keep hoping maybe the weather guys will get it wrong this time.

Stay safe!

FOUR
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
FOUR.....Today we laid FOUR eggs. BO's and BR's took the day off. Four big brown eggs from the Golden Comets.

We have 3 of Frank Perdues Finest, 2 hens and our boy "BLuie", 6 RiR Hens, and 3 Golden Lakenvelders...

The new Coop will definatly be put to the test if we do get it... Maybe the Big Guy will make sure i built it well... you know his Son was a carpenter and i am sure He will keep a good check on His beautiful birds
yesss.gif

i think we will be fine

The last of My ISAs (4 in all) layed her first egg today! 1st one has been laying for 17 days with one egg every single day. 2nd has layed an egg each day for the last 3. 3rd had 1st yesterday and second today. And them today my little Nugget. I would never have dreamed she was ready. Shes just a tiny thing and she layed me the cutest little egg today! heres her first little one with My Dumpling's biggest one so far and a pic of the dozen I have gotten between them this week! Now to get my 3 RIRs laying I will be all set!

ETA the 1st two are laying in the coop. One is laying in the basement window well and Nugget just made a nest in the fallen leaves on the opposite side of the house. LOL No ones getting out of the pen tomorrow until the afternoon!

Nice eggs! have you cracked the huge one yet? bet it's a double yoke!!
droolin.gif

I had extra sauce left over after putting the chili up, so tonight I took that sauce, brought it to a boil and poached 5 eggs in it... OMG it was soooo good! there were a few beans as well... I could have eaten the whole thing, but I have a 15 year old cat... who doesn't always eat as much as she should, so I offered her a few healthy spoonfuls ~ she devoured it all and licked the plate clean, not even a bean left to share with the dog...

We were sooooooooo excited to see a big pile of Soy Beans beside our house where the farmer had spilled when they were loading up the truck after harvest!!! i went and asked the neighbor/land owner if we could have them, and she had no problem saying yes!!! (she loves our chickens)
woot.gif
extra snacks are always great for the girls and boy

I have 11 girls, ages 14wks to maybe 5mo, and got my 1st egg on Wednesday and 1 today. I am so excited! I just wish i knew who to kiss and am wondering when the rest are gonna start. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom