1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

should i dump them,?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kyzerc, Dec 19, 2015.

1. kyzerc

kyzerc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2015
    A few weeks ago miller sent me 2 new temperature controls.One blinked 32 all time,I got the controlers mixed up and ended up using the bad one.Checked temp while a ago and eggs were cold.I stuck them in incubator that's supposed to hatch Monday.I used the bad one cause it startwd working and I had 3 to pick from.

2. gpop1

gpop1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2015
    hard to say especially if they are due Monday. Mother nature built in a lot of safety's in case a hen had to leave a nest. As the eggs cooled down the heart rate of the chick slowed to preserve energy. Now they are warmed back up the heart rate should have returned to normal and now its going to be a waiting game.

Personally if they were mine I would carry on and expect them to hatch a day late.

3. kyzerc

Nov 7, 2015
    thanks,the rest is supposed to hatch Monday.ive been hatching out quail with very good success,this is the ist time ive done chicken eggs,no holes yet

4. kyzerc

Nov 7, 2015
    [​IMG] Hatched out 6 last night,2 silkies,and I don't know name of others.The biggest came out small end of egg
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by