Should I get more than one EE?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by urbanfarmette, Mar 14, 2011.

1. urbanfarmette

urbanfarmette Chirping

Mar 5, 2011
    Southeastern Wisconsin
    I am probably going to order from mypetchicken.com and I want to get an EE for some cool colored eggs. Those that have them, should I get more than one of that kind? Did you wish you had more colorful eggs or does it not matter to you after a while... I would get several "gentle" breeds and probably have a total of 5 hens.

Jessica

2. My EE is our absolute sweetest girl. That said, I'm ordering from mpc this spring also, and ordered other breeds just because it's so interesting to have a variety. If you have room for another EE, though, by all means go for it - they are wonderful!

3. paddock36

paddock36 Crowing

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I would get more than one too. I have two myself.

4. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Songster

Feb 18, 2010
    Everyone of mine is a different color and has a different colored egg.

5. LindsayB

LindsayB Songster

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    I've had 5 easter eggers since 2007. I currently have 2 though. one lays a dark green almost olive egg and the other lays a very light mint green (almost white). The other 3 I had before had green eggs and pink eggs. I absolutely love easter eggers! They are very sweet natured and friendly. plus they come in all different colors and so do the eggs!

6. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    How can you NOT have more than one EE?
    Ok, how can you not have more than one of ANY chicken??

7. wistlindixie

wistlindixie Songster

Feb 27, 2011
    I brought home 3 from the feed store today :) Go for it!

8. Farmington

Farmington Songster

Jun 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Get a few. We have 5, and love them. All different colors, and great personalities. We get eggs ranging from green, to blue-green, to light brown.

9. LAseramas KP

LAseramas KP Songster

Feb 7, 2011
    LA , SoCal
    i just pick up 17 EEs pullet at 8 weeks old form mrs smith from BYC and i jsut love them so yes get more then one lol i dont know if you would get as many as i did

10. Betsy410

Betsy410 In the Brooder

May 29, 2010
    I love my EE but she lays brown eggs. I wish I had gotten more but I love my other chickies too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: