Should I give them Duramycin-10?

PoultryGirly

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Hi. I have chicks that have been sneezing lately and scratching their heads a little. I'm not sure if it's from the pine shavings that they have in their brooder or if they need medicine. I had one chick die a few days ago and her symptoms were: lethargy, head down, and tail down. She would eat, though. I thought it was cocci at first so they've had Corid in their water for 3 days. Last night I saw that the chicks were all huddled up in the corner of their brooder (they were outside with no heat lamp) and I thought they were seriously sick. I then put a heat lamp over them and they all perked up, jumping around everywhere. They all eat and drink fine. Also, I mixed up a gallon of Duramycin-10 last night. I filled their waterer with plain water and put a very TINY bit of Duramycin-10 in there. I'm not sure if I should give them all? I don't want to lose more chicks!

I am not an expert, a first time chick owner myself....but here is my two cents.....I would think that you would need to have them on Corid for at least the 5 days recommended.....I would give it to them, the Duramycin....hope someone can help you...and best of luck. :/

Thank you! I was going to keep them on the Corid, but if they have a respiratory issue, I would like to correct that. I've heard that you can not give to medicines at once. Thanks again for your input!

Does anyone else have advice? Also, my newborn chicks are sneezing a bit. They also have pine shavings as bedding. Maybe I should use a different bedding? If I don't get anymore replies, I guess I'll just use regular water with a tiny bit of Duramycin-10 in it.

PoultryGirly, did it work? I am on the 4th day of corid after loosing 2 chicks. And now one chick has a lot of mucus so I just bought duramycin-10.

Back
Top Bottom