Should I go ahead and put together a Silkie/Polish calendar? Do you think anyone would buy it?

Honestly, should I give it a shot? Do you think the pics are good enough?

• Total voters
It sounds like a fun thing to do. Whether or not it would be economically feasible is another question.
Yes. If you guys think someone would buy it I’ll look further in to it. I wouldn’t want it to be expensive. I know buying in bulk I might save money but don’t want to get stuck with calendars
I wonder if anyone would buy prints. I have no clue what the first step would even be to look in to this stuff.

Your babies are beautiful and you take some really nice pictures of them. Not sure which would out weigh, profit or getting something professionally done to appeal to buyer's. Best of luck though. I just started getting into silkies and they are definitely unique.

Your babies are beautiful and you take some really nice pictures of them. Not sure which would out weigh, profit or getting something professionally done to appeal to buyer's. Best of luck though. I just started getting into silkies and they are definitely unique.
Thanks for the reply. I absolutely love Silkies. I stalked all the Facebook groups and picked a breeder and she also worked with satins and now I’m not sure who’s i love more!

Thanks for the reply. I absolutely love Silkies. I stalked all the Facebook groups and picked a breeder and she also worked with satins and now I’m not sure who’s i love more!
I started with the typical white TSC run, wanted something more colorful. Found a breeder and now I have all different colors and mixes from smooth to frizzle and a possible sizzle.

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_203936913.jpg
    IMG_20190626_203936913.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190626_203110166.jpg
    IMG_20190626_203110166.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 3
Awww excellent. Which breeder did you use? How many birds do you have now?
Some lady off Facebook. I asked her to pick me out 5, she threw in a 6th for free (little cross beak she swore she didn't know). I know I have partridge frizzle, black frizzle, splash/paint, grey and blue and my sweet black/white cross beak.

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_203936913.jpg
    IMG_20190626_203936913.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20190626_204505819.jpg
    IMG_20190626_204505819.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20190626_203925801.jpg
    IMG_20190626_203925801.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 2
Some lady off Facebook. I asked her to pick me out 5, she threw in a 6th for free (little cross beak she swore she didn't know). I know I have partridge frizzle, black frizzle, splash/paint, grey and blue and my sweet black/white cross beak.
Hmmm yeah I’m not happy if someone give me a bird with 4 toes, or a cross beak unless they ask me in advance. You can PM me the breeder if you want. Most of my Silkies came from sweet vista Silkies.

I would buy a calendar with those pictures! :love You have some talent. You could buy a small amount of calendars and see if people are into them and if so get more?

Hmmm yeah I’m not happy if someone give me a bird with 4 toes, or a cross beak unless they ask me in advance. You can PM me the breeder if you want. Most of my Silkies came from sweet vista Silkies.
I believe to a point she did it with good intentions for the chick. I told her I wanted pet (quality) I want to believe she gave it to me knowing it was going to have a great home.
I also didn't have to take it, but what would of became of her would haunt me.

I would buy a calendar with those pictures! :love You have some talent. You could buy a small amount of calendars and see if people are into them and if so get more?
Thank you Melissa. I may make a couple and bring them to the local feed stores and ask them if they want to buy them from me so they can sell for a profit? I’ll have to look in to how cheap I can make it and still have it nice quality. I might make some as gifts as well to “advertise”

Back
Top Bottom