Should I help my chicks hatch

Sometimes they spend a whole day like that, especially if they start hatching early. They need a lot of time to absorb blood and yolk. If they are supposed to hatch tomorrow, I would wait until the day after, or at least until one of the other eggs is 100% hatched and dry and running around. It's hard to be patient but they need to spend a lot of time like that, breathing air and getting ready to hatch.

Sorry, it was 1:30 am where I am. Haha.

I’m assuming this is a chicken egg?

It can be 24 hours (or more in some cases) from pip to zip. If you can hear peeping, and your humidity stays up and steady, wait it out. I’ve had some early risers like this and they can take a bit longer as it is because they’re not actually ready to hatch yet, haven’t absorbed all the yolk and veins. I would expect it to start zipping sometime this morning/afternoon.
As @HeatherKellyB mentioned, take a read through of the assisted hatching guide just in case you need it, but at this point I wouldn’t be too concerned. :)

Good evening I have a chick hatching and he has only made a little crack and it has been like that for 8 hours but you can still hear it chirping I am wondering if I should help it or leave it alone and let it take it’s time
I agree with the others, definitely leave it. Esp. if it's early.
Humidity:66
Tempature: 98
I would up the humidity to at least 70%.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Back
Top Bottom