Should I help? (Pic)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by serinat, Oct 17, 2014.

1. serinat

serinat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Michigan
    I have 11 eggs hatching today. 3 are already out. This little guy has been maybe 1/3 zipped since noon - over eight hours. From pip to zip was only a few hours, so when he started zipping so soon, I thought he got tired and napped. But he's slowly - ever so slowly - made his hole bigger throughout the day. I can see his beak sticking out and I can see him breathing. His little beak shakes a lot, like he's tired.

[​IMG]

There are seven other eggs pipped in there, so I don't think I'll open it and risk harming the others. But it's breaking my heart to leave it just sitting there!

Will he make it?

2. hobo fred

hobo fred Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2014
    I have ? My grand son unpluged auto egg turnner 2 days befor lockdown do they have a chance to hatch

3. serinat

serinat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Michigan
    He just hatched! :)

4. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    Yes they should be just fine. The most important time for turning is the first 14 days I believe. I don't think stopping the turner should affect them at all. Good luck!

Congrats! Guess he was just resting up for that final push. [​IMG]

5. hobo fred

hobo fred Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2014
    Thankyou for answering my ?I have peeping going on now should be out soon happy happy

6. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    [​IMG] Make sure you put up pics when they are out and fluffy! I'm hatching vicariously on here until my 'bator build is complete and kinks ironed out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by