Should I help this chick?

Caffus

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
20210302_182417_HDR~2.jpg

It's the egg under the blue sticker. She pipped yesterday on day 19 in the morning and also started zipping. She finished zipping over 6 hours ago. Shes been like this. My other two eggs that were set the same day pipped last night on day 19 and zipped this morning and were out within an hour. What could be wrong with this one?

View attachment 2552813
It's the egg under the blue sticker. She pipped yesterday on day 19 in the morning and also started zipping. She finished zipping over 6 hours ago. Shes been like this. My other two eggs that were set the same day pipped last night on day 19 and zipped this morning and were out within an hour. What could be wrong with this one?
Oh yes, if she stopped for more than an hour during zipping she should be assisted immediately.
Help her out.

I help her...this is my 1st hatch. I turned them myself. Its an inexpensive incubator that has no turning. It also has alot of trouble keeping the temperature controlled. I was very gentle and kept wipping her with a warm wet rag and slowly breakingvthe shell off. She is sleeping in the incubator. I hope she will be healthy. She was shrink wrapped, but the others where fine. She keeps shaking her leg wierd and her yolk was not completely absorbed...but she is perfectly formed.

I help all of my chicks. When they have fully pipped, I zip them without breaking the membrane. Even with my advanced incubators sometimes humidity is hard to control. Shrink wrapping is a humidity issue.

If her yolk was not fully absorbed, she is early. Let her rest in the incubator. Wishing you both well ❤️

I read that if they didnt aborb all the yolk they wont be able to disgest food and will die in 5 days. I hope this wont happen to her. She is moving around more now. I tried to leave the yolk sac on..but it may have been damaged. The shell was very stuck to her and her wing was stuck on her eye and side of her face.

I read that if they didnt aborb all the yolk they wont be able to disgest food and will die in 5 days. I hope this wont happen to her. She is moving around more now. I tried to leave the yolk sac on..but it may have been damaged. The shell was very stuck to her and her wing was stuck on her eye and side of her face.
That's not true.

Back
Top Bottom