Should I intervein?

mandamay28

Chirping
Apr 20, 2016
I have Pilgrim eggs in the incu. Today is day 31. All internally piped on Wed. 1 hatched yesterday. The others still do not have an external pip. I put a small safety air hole in the air cell yesterday. I hear at least 1 peeping. I candled before putting the safty hole in and all were moving. Is there anything else I should be doing? Should I keep my humidity up at 70%? TIAPic shows safety hole. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 8
Do you know about when on Wednesday they internally pipped? Once they internally pip, they usually externally pip within about 24 hours and then from there zip about 24 hours later. But waterfowl are slow hatchers, so it could take longer.

I usually put safety holes in my goose eggs after one too many times of a gosling turning to zip, cutting off its air supply, and suffocating itself. The safety hole isn't going to hurt anything or slow down the hatch at all. In fact there are pretty much no downsides for putting one in, so no harm has been done. Since it's been over 24 hours from the time of internal pip it was probably a good idea to be safe. For now I'd give it at least another 24 hours before starting to worry.

I wouldn't personally. All the goose eggs I've ever helped out came out and didn't have all their yoke absorbed yet and dies.

Thank you all. I think one may have expired as i don’t see movement any longer however i will not remove it. I’ll kust sit on my hands and wait :) They internally pipped Wed afternoon.

In my experience if they don't have the strength to hatch, they won't have the strength to survive.

Back
Top Bottom