Should i keep incubating these eggs?

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
So i bought 40 quail eggs from the supermarket and put them all in the incubator at a steady 37.6 c and 50% humidity and then went and searched if quail eggs from the supermarket are fertilized and google said no...
I dont want to waste the incubator's time incubating unfertile eggs should i remove it and toss it to the trash? Its only been day one.

I don't know about quail eggs, but chicken eggs in the supermarket have been candled to insure you don't crack open a partially developed embryo/chick. I would assume quail eggs they'd do the same. Unless it's a farmers market or something. But, I'd assume you'd know you were buying fertilized eggs. I mean give it a try! Worst case scenario nothing happens.

I don't know about quail eggs, but chicken eggs in the supermarket have been candled to insure you don't crack open a partially developed embryo/chick. I would assume quail eggs they'd do the same. Unless it's a farmers market or something. But, I'd assume you'd know you were buying fertilized eggs. I mean give it a try! Worst case scenario nothing happens.
You know what? Im just going to toss it in the trash i dont want to wait for nothing.

So i bought 40 quail eggs from the supermarket and put them all in the incubator at a steady 37.6 c and 50% humidity and then went and searched if quail eggs from the supermarket are fertilized and google said no...
I dont want to waste the incubator's time incubating unfertile eggs should i remove it and toss it to the trash? Its only been day one.
I don't think they're going to hatch. Most eggs at grocery stores are infertile, unless they're special organic/free range and the farm has roosters for sure. (Could happen at a small store, but Trader Joe's has fertile chicken eggs that people have hatched before! So maybe it doesn't have to be that out of the way.) 'Course, that's for chicken eggs, but I'm pretty sure the same applies to quail as well.

Also I think it depends where you are located. If you're in the US, then chances are that they are infertile, but if you're in some other country... I don't know, but I think location plays a part (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me!)..

I don't think they can still hatch. Is there any other way that you can get eggs not from the supermarket? just eggs already went through travel and its not good anymore.

I don't think they're going to hatch. Most eggs at grocery stores are infertile, unless they're special organic/free range and the farm has roosters for sure. (Could happen at a small store, but Trader Joe's has fertile chicken eggs that people have hatched before! So maybe it doesn't have to be that out of the way.) 'Course, that's for chicken eggs, but I'm pretty sure the same applies to quail as well.

Also I think it depends where you are located. If you're in the US, then chances are that they are infertile, but if you're in some other country... I don't know, but I think location plays a part (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me!)..
I am in iraq, baghdad and most farms of quails here are free range because of rules of animal health and anti cruelty.. Does that mean they are fertile?

Keep them in the incubator and candle day 7 to 10 to check for fertility. It has been done before and you might get lucky.

Keep them in the incubator and candle day 7 to 10 to check for fertility. It has been done before and you might get lucky.
I candled them at day 2 and i see a little red light coming too from the egg (barely seen) is that a good sign?

Back
Top Bottom