Should I keep them?

redrooster99

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2013
georgia
I recently purchased 4 turkey poults. A day after getting them one got a runny nose and one eye was running a little. I immediately culled this bird because I have a small breeding farm and I don’t do antibiotics. Should I continue to raise the other 3 as long as they don’t show signs or should I get rid of them and just get more poults from somewhere else?

I recently purchased 4 turkey poults. A day after getting them one got a runny nose and one eye was running a little. I immediately culled this bird because I have a small breeding farm and I don’t do antibiotics. Should I continue to raise the other 3 as long as they don’t show signs or should I get rid of them and just get more poults from somewhere else?
Up to you but the bird you are showing is not a turkey.

Man it’s a tough call, turkeys are so sensitive when they’re small, it could be something brought on by stress of moving, but It could have brought something. I guess it depends how many other birds you have And potential loss. It could have already spread the illness since it’s been a couple days, so culling might be too late. I personally would probably cull tho.

Man it’s a tough call, turkeys are so sensitive when they’re small, it could be something brought on by stress of moving, but It could have brought something. I guess it depends how many other birds you have And potential loss. It could have already spread the illness since it’s been a couple days, so culling might be too late. I personally would probably cull tho.
I’m hoping since they are seperate from everything it won’t have really passed on. I’m thinking I should cull and get more poults from somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom