should i let my chickens die naturally?

does it seem moraly right to let chicken suffer?

• Total voters
yes but eating the apple and throwing the core in the garbage destroys the potential life of all those seeds. So it does hurt the plant's ability to reproduce.
I put my apple cores in the garden.
Birds eat them.
They poop out the seeds
Plants grow from the poop-seeds, the poop is also a fertiliser for the seed as well!
Sorted!

I put my apple cores in the garden.
Birds eat them.
They poop out the seeds
Plants grow from the poop-seeds, the poop is also a fertiliser for the seed as well!
Sorted!
Be careful with that! Apple seeds contain cyanide and while a few won’t hurt, eating them in copious amounts could cause a serious problem!

As soon as my birds stop producing eggs they are food for me.

I grew up on a farm so I'm used to it. Everything has a purpose and chickens serve double. First is eggs and as soon as they slack up on that it's their time to be replaced. I also raise cattle and butcher them.
I hace chickens as pets. I would never eat them. They are silkies so they aren't GREAT at laying either...
Chickens have a lot of purposes!

Depends on the bird for me, I have one welsummer hen that has adopted my new chicks this year, she has taken very good care of them so far. So she will probably die naturally. I got a few cinnamon queens for eggs, those ones will be sent to butcher between ages of 2 -3 years. Roosters I have if they are mean will go to butcher as soon as possible. While roosters who mind their manners will stay in our barnyard flock. If a bird is injured badly, and cant be saved then I would put it down.

Back
Top Bottom