Should i let these eggs hatch or discard?

Naolove

Chirping
Mar 12, 2021
Hello! So I had to leave for a work trip and the person that was watching the hens didn't move one of my girls for 10 days... she has a huge clutch under her now. The problem is the only rooster that is in with my girls has problems that I'm afraid are genetic, crossbeaked, deaf and very tiny (smaller than my bantam). And I never wanted to breed him just let him live his days out loved and cared for. I only candled a couple eggs and they are starting to develop... should I just put them in the woods? Should I let them hatch? I feel guilty either way lol. What would you do?

If you want his chicks, give them a chance if you are prepared to cull or have special needs offspring. If you just want to give her a chance w chicks, wait til day 19-21 and slip some chicks under her to raise with some fake eggs until then. Tough decision, but at least you have a little time to think it through!
❤️

I personally wouldnt take the chance I already purposely bred a scissor beak and all its offspring had it. Might not be that way with other breeds but for me its not worth it.
Scissor Beak has other causes besides genetics. Some cases it's a Nutritional/Vitamin Deficiency, or injury.

Let's let the person make their decision.

Back
Top Bottom