Should I move the coop every 2 days

Duckman4452

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2021
So I have a coop like this and someone is telling me not to move it ever 2 days I have 3 ducks 1 is growing up right now and they poop a lot
256D33DC-9F0A-4832-82FC-3EB2164CC841.jpeg
Did

If you have the time, space, and energy you could move it everyday 🤟 I try to move my chicken tractors everyday except tonight.. got too dark before I could get out there lol. Ive had ducks but man do they make a mess and stink a lot 😭

How strong is the build? They might be concerned of it falling apart or collapsing. Some of these coops aren't built to be moved a lot. Maybe you might want to attach some bicycle tires to it or something so it's easier to move, without too much strain.

How strong is the build? They might be concerned of it falling apart or collapsing. Some of these coops aren't built to be moved a lot. Maybe you might want to attach some bicycle tires to it or something so it's easier to move, without too much strain.
I did that with a prefab rabbit hutch i had, framed it out with 2x4s and put 2 bike tires on the end, made a nice easy chicken tractor I used for a few years 🤟

I did that with a prefab rabbit hutch i had, framed it out with 2x4s and put 2 bike tires on the end, made a nice easy chicken tractor I used for a few years 🤟
How wonderful! :love I hope to someday own a chicken tractor that has bicycle tires. But currently, my coop isn't going nowhere, at least not without the help of a bulldozer. :lol:

How wonderful! :love I hope to someday own a chicken tractor that has bicycle tires. But currently, my coop isn't going nowhere, at least not without the help of a bulldozer. :lol:
I sold that one and built 5 new ones with smaller inflatable tires, they worked well until they deflated over time lol I really need to air them up 😅

That sounds like a smart idea actually

Years ago we had some coops we moved around with our tractor. Now they have been all put in permanent places. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom