Should I open my bator?

UrbanFarmChix

Songster
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
Portland, OR
This is my first hatch.
jumpy.gif
I'm kind of loopy running on 1 hour of sleep. But I couldn't miss out. Anyway I have 17 that have hatched and another 6 that have pipped.
celebrate.gif
I want to take out the dry oldies and put them in the brooder. My humidity is soooo high with them all in there and they pant sometimes. The humidity is staying in the low to mid 80's and my most recent hatches were very wet. One chick just has its beak out to breath and was bubbling there is so much moisture.
barnie.gif
Is it better to leave them alone or get the humidity down a bit and remove some rambunctious bodies. First to hatch was at 11:30 PM, April 5th. I need sleep but don't want to miss the last few. *yawn*
caf.gif

Tomorrow morning you can QUICKLY remove the dry ones and put some wet paper towel back in the bator to keep your humidity up.

This is just what I would do, not what you have to do.

If the chicks are panting a lot I would quickly take them out.
Your humidity is high enough and if you are fast enough, you should not lose to much humidity. You can also toss a warm wet paper towel in.

As I said, this is what I would do if they are really panting a lot. You can see them and would know better then anyone sitting in front of a monitor.
smile.png

Good luck on your hatch.

Back
Top Bottom