Should I refit my Chinabator or buy a new one?

KlinoClucks

Songster
Mar 27, 2019
Hey there chicken lovers!
I posted a thread a while ago about my incubator and that left me thinking. So, I learned that I had bought a Chinabator and was referenced to a BYC post on ''fixing'' it up. It didn't look to hard, except that I was wondering if it is worth while to refit this incubator or should I think about buying another one?
I have a 48 egg capacity incubator. For my needs it is the perfect size and I would like to keep it that way.
What are your opinions? Should I refit the one I have and hope for the best or should I buy a new one? If I buy a new one, what brand would you recommend? I'm in Australia so whatever the brand is I'll have to be able to find it here. Thanks so much!

What is the incubator like now? What problems did you have with it during your hatch and which of them would the refit resolve? How much does refitting cost compared to buying a new reliable one? Pictures, or a link to the old thread would be handy.

If the chinabator has other features you like besides the size, and you're confident about building things, I'd go ahead and modify it. A good reliable incubator of that size will be pricey, possibly more so where you are, and it sounds like you already have some bones to work with.

Back
Top Bottom