Should I sell figs at the farmer's market?

Around here, a pint box at the farmer's market is about $4. That's some good money with 8 five gallon buckets....40 gallons, 8 pints to the gallon at $4 each is over $1200. That's a whole lot of chicken feed.

mom'sfolly :

Around here, a pint box at the farmer's market is about $4. That's some good money with 8 five gallon buckets....40 gallons, 8 pints to the gallon at $4 each is over $1200. That's a whole lot of chicken feed.

Gritty, this is starting to sound like a good idea! $ $ $ $​

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

We have fig trees coming out of our ears here. Our front yard is full of young trees. We used to have a couple pretty big fig trees at our old house. Those big green Japanese beetles would swarm the fruit. I'm not fond of warm figs...which is what you get when you eat it from the tree. I like them cold, but I prefer freshly picked blueberries and cherries. Yum!! But if you can make money off your figs, I say do it!
yippiechickie.gif

mom'sfolly :

See, that's what I'm thinking. I'm going to check out the price at the grocery store before I make my final decision. I will have to buy some japanese beetle traps. Normally I just knock as many down as I can and the chickens do the rest. Beetle, beetle, beetle, fig. That's the order the chickens like it in.​

Quote:
See, that's what I'm thinking. I'm going to check out the price at the grocery store before I make my final decision. I will have to buy some japanese beetle traps. Normally I just knock as many down as I can and the chickens do the rest. Beetle, beetle, beetle, fig. That's the order the chickens like it in.

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom