Should I sell my roosters to someone that wants all of them?

Jennie5193

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
South East TN
I have 9 cockerels that I put on craigslist to sell (only for the amount that I've spent on them) and I've had a reply from someone that is cryptic but wants to buy all of them, tomorrow. Should I try to find out what they're going to be doing with them? Am I just being paranoid?

2. No PETA or Cock fighting posts, period!​

Last edited by a moderator:
hit.gif
They're gonna eat them!
hit.gif

Last time I sold all my roos to one person (at a flea market) he took them across the street and proceeded to butcher them in front of my eyes one by one.

Well, $7.00 a piece is a little much to pay for a 10 week old bird just to eat. The grocery store has 'em all cleaned up for less than that.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Be afraid... be VERY afraid, Thats one huge red flag for me when they want a lot of roosters. I have heard horror stories about what they do with them, I sold a roo once to a man who told me he was gonna keep him for a pet... If i sold meat birds that would be one thing but these were friendly super cute pets in my eyes and i wanted them to go to a good home. I have since become an excellent judge of character. You also have to worry about people coming to pick birds up just to scope the place out and come back to steal them when no one is around. That has become a big issue here lately

Last edited:
I wish I had room/hens enough to keep 'em but there are 9 of them and I'm in a subdivision.

I wouldn't mind if someone were getting them for the purpose of eating them...

I e-mailed them:
"I need to know what you're going to use them for before I sell them.

Thanks"

This was the reply:
"Put them out in the yard. Are you selling them or giving them away? I thought they were free."

What kind of answer is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. My DH just chimed in and said that if that person needs the meat, I should just give them to him.

I agree, "put them in the yard" isn't too much of a logical answer!

I've already sold two to people that told me how many hens they had and why they needed/wanted a rooster. I have had a few inquiries about the Buff Orpingtons as well. I need them gone, but I would hate to give them away to someone that will "put them in the yard" rather than someone that really wants a pure breed rooster!

Oh... what to do!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom