Should I send out for necropsy?

BaGAWK!!

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
Philadelphia, TN
UNFORTUNATELY... A hawk got one of my young blue cochin pullets!!! I'm so mad I could scream!!!!!
somad.gif

DH came home to it eating her in the yard...so sad. So now she is in the yard, I'm at work now wondering if I should have DH bag her up and transport to freezer for the day.

Reason being, my flock has some kind of respiratory thing going on which I believe is MG since it has been responding to treatment. However I am not positively sure that's what it is. Can I take advantage of this unfortunate event and send her off to necropsy, if so "how much" of her has to be left in order to send? Anyone know the procedure for TN for sending off, or if they do it for free or is there a charge? I coukd also find out if they have anything else going on , not that I suspect it, just good to know, ya know?

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'd be devastated. I'm not sure I could sit at the office and function.

Gosh, I'm sending big hugs to you.
hugs.gif

Not sure what to advise you about the necropsy, but if it's free, then what do you have to lose. So I'd do it. I know some people local to me who have done it and learned some interesting things. One lady got a report back that her birds were fat. I guess you can overfeed a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom