Should I take it personally?? (neighbors)

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
Well back in August I was mowing my grass for my sons birthday party. The neighbor lady came over and asked if I wouldnt mow part of their yard for $10. I told her I would but it would have to wait till after this weekend because I was getting ready for my sons birthday and had to get my yard and house in shape.

Well that sunday I was busy cleaning up and returning the moonwalk so I never got to it.
Well come monday I was SICK. The kids were SICK. We came down with some flu that put me and my children out for a couple weeks. Her grass never got mowed but ours didnt either..
Well a couple weekends later we mowed it for them. Turns out that same day they mowed the rest of their grass..

Well ever since they have been sort of rude. Snubbing us while outside and such.
The guys dog was over at my house chasing my chicks for 4 days in a row. He would just stand by its pen while hearing and watching me chase and yell NO! NO! at the dog while my chicks are screaming. I had to pick his very filthy dog up and take it to him. 'Oh, sorry..' is all I ever got.
Last night at 4a.m. they were taking this really loud car or truck and RUMM RUMMM RUMMMMMMMM all they way up their driveway (about 300 feet) then all they way back down. Then it sounded like they took it out behind their house and was wearin it out.

When they first moved in they seemed nice and decent.. but now..
Its like they hate us and are doing meth now..

I could swear you were talking about my neighbors, except our two houses are the only ones on the road..............next house, no neighbors at all. Tired of it. Just curious what their reasoning was that they asked you to begin with - are they elderly?

I'd confront them and tell them the next time your dog harasses my chickens it will be shot !!! Check your local laws about dogs harassing farm animals. I'd say your nice relationship with the neighbor may be over.

Just playing devil's advocate, here:

I realize you were doing the neighbors a favor by cutting their grass, but did you let them know what the delay was? If not, they probably thought you just couldn't be bothered, and that's the attitude they're now giving you.

hu.gif

I wouldnt let it bother me..
Except..if their dog keeps coming in your yard..
then id go speak to them about it nicely..
and IF they act like jerks still..well then...i guess they'll have a missing doggie..

Quote:
No I never told them. I wanted to many times while I was sick but it was with possible swine flu (never tested for just treated for it cause we were all exposed at birthday party). I didnt want to give it to her or her kids..

We did mow their grass though. They were out there looking at my SO as he did it. I would have hoped that would have healed hurt feelings..

Quote:
Ive returned their dogs many times. Ive taken their smaller ones to the door and she said thank you.
There little JRT always charges me barking or comes and pees in my dogs face through the fence.
Its alwasy out upsetting EVERYONES dogs. Set one dog off in the neighborhood they all go off.

I dont want to call the AC cause that will just spark MORE problems. I feel like just trapping the little JRT and rehoming him.

I would recommend you tell the what happened. They have no idea and may think you just brushed them aside. It pays to be a friendly neighbor and communicate or it can make it very uncomfortable to live next to each other. If they still act the same after you tell them why you couldn't mow the lawn sooner then you have to do what's right for your chickens and family. The old saying "good fences make good neighbors" may apply here.
smile.png

Quote:
I know. Im working on growing mine right now.. lol

But these are renters. They will be out probly within the next month or so.
I just do not like the tension.

The one that spit at my sight a couple weeks back came over all nice wondering if I had jumper cables. I was polite and told him no.

Im just scared cause I know they dont like my Roo (GSD). When shes outside and they are getting in their cars shell bark at them.
Im afraid the boy who spat at me is going to poison her.. My SO is worried about that too.
I just dont like renters. No offense to anyone but the house next door couldnt be going for more than $400 a month so you get some slummy people in there.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom