Should I toss this egg?

pkw

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
North Edwards, CA
I had to toss one egg Sunday that didn't show any movement. I cracked that egg at the big end and found it was a rotten egg. Now I just candled the other eggs that came from this shipper and I have found an egg that smells different from all the other eggs. It smells pretty bad and I can't detect any movement in the egg (It is kinda dark in the egg). I am afraid of that egg being a bad egg too so do I wait until the hatch date of 6/14 or what?? I have 2 1/2 dozen eggs in there that is due to hatch between 6/12 and 6/14 and if this one egg is bad I don't want to ruin the other eggs. It is not leaking but the one Sunday hadn't started leaking yet either.

Toss it. Bad eggs will explode in the incubator if they get enough gas buildup. It smells bad, it is bad. I would not wait and have it contaminate the incubator. A mess you don't want to see.
Katharina

Quote:
Then why would you ask if you should keep the bad smelling egg?? That falls into the "fool me once......." catagory.
smile.png

I removed the egg earlier today. I have had 2 eggs that I bought from someone on ebay that was rotten like this and I am trying to get them to hatching day which should be around Monday if all goes well.

Quote:
So exciting! I have to wait longer than that - my first egg(s) are due to hatch about the 21st. I am so impatient!!!

Back
Top Bottom